- Does your child worry about everything?
- Does your child have difficulty leaving you to go to school?
- Does your child suffer from chronic stomach aches?
- Does your child suffer from chronic headaches?
- Does your child have to adhere to rituals and rules that don’t really make sense?
- Do you wonder how to best support your child with their worries?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, your child may be suffering from anxiety. Yes, children can experience anxiety, it often presents as a stomach ache that doesn’t go away, or a headache that doesn’t go away. Sometimes kids express their anxiety by having to have everything perfect, or they must line their toys up in a certain order, or have strict bedtime rituals that must be adhered to.
At Campbell Teen & Family Therapy, Inc., we offer play therapy and art therapy for children with anxiety. We also offer parent coaching so that parents can know how to best help their children. We can coordinate with schools if the anxiety is disrupting their learning abilities. Our therapists are trained in play therapy, CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), DBT (Diabolic Behavioral Therapy), ERP (Exposure Response Prevention) and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing) in order to help your child with what they are struggling with.